This attractive and functional trifold black fabric wallet adorns a rectangle of backstrap "brocade" textile woven by weavers in the Nahuala region of Guatemala. The front of the wallet is embellished with handwoven textile that depicts a geometric design symbolic to the Maya people. This handcrafted wallet is available in 5 colors and its perfectly in a back pocket!
workers producing our Fair Trade handmade wallets are paid a fair and reasonable wage for their
- Rectangle of backstrap "brocade" textile
- Geometric design symbolic to the Maya people
- Fits perfectly in a back pocket
- Outside zipper coin pocket
- Inside currency pocket
- 6 slot pockets for credit or business cards
- Velcro closure
- Size: Folded, 3.5 inches by 5 inches.
- Colors available: Gold, Green, Purple, or Blue
This beautiful wallet was handmade by the wonderful people at Maya Traditions. Maya Traditions works with more than 100 Mayan women in five established groups in rural villages. Predominantly working with women who do backstrap weaving, an ancient traditional art that women can do at home while caring for their families, Maya Traditions brings much needed income to poor regions of Guatemala. In addition, they work with a group of women crochet artisans, footloom weavers, and small family businesses.