This lovely wallet features a hand embroidered floral pattern on burgundy textile. This treasure resembles the beautiful huipiles worn by the Maya people of the Patsun region of Guatemala. Adorns a functional trifold black fabric wallet. Due to the uniqueness of each wallet, the floral patterns and thread colors will vary.
workers producing our Fair Trade handmade wallets are paid a fair and reasonable wage for their
- Detailed hand embroidered floral pattern
- Resembles the beautiful huipiles worn by the Maya people
- Fits perfectly in your pocket or purse
- Outside zipper coin pocket
- Inside currency pocket
- 6 slot pockets for credit or business cards
- Velcro closure
- Floral patterns and thread color will vary
- Size: Folded, 3.5 inches by 5 inches
This beautiful wallet was handmade by the wonderful people at Maya Traditions. Maya Traditions works with more than 100 Mayan women in five established groups in rural villages. Predominantly working with women who do backstrap weaving, an ancient traditional art that women can do at home while caring for their families, Maya Traditions brings much needed income to poor regions of Guatemala. In addition, they work with a group of women crochet artisans, footloom weavers, and small family businesses.